- This event has passed.
Municipal Electric Vehicle Readiness Toolkit Series: Building Codes & Permitting
October 22 @ 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
The Municipal EV Readiness Toolkit 12-Week Program Module 6: Building & Permitting will help municipal Building & Permitting departments learn how to remove barriers to EV adoption and develop town-wide, comprehensive electrification plans to reach 30% electric by 2030.
We encourage all course participants to join us for Module 6 and learn how through the modules will work together to support and develop an individualized, town-wide, transportation electrification plan.
Your leadership is essential to this process. We appreciate you taking time out of your day to participate and join the 2020 Municipal EV Readiness Toolkit Cohort.
More information and registration at http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07eh9wgx55307f0e58&llr=s6mlhwcab
About the Program:
This introductory program is designed for municipal decision makers, throughout various departments, and provides a framework, resources, guidance, subject matter experts, and tools to help municipalities throughout the state create the first phase of a comprehensive electric vehicle transition plan. The program aims to be efficient and effective, where participants can register for modules relevant to their departments. Modules meet on Thursdays from 1pm- 2pm.
Promise of the Program:
- Action plan for each module
- Introductions to subject matter experts
- Course readings and background information
- Action-oriented and interactive modules
- Tools and resources
- Weekly coaching calls
- How to implement the Connecticut EV Roadmap into a plan of action
- Certificate of Completion
Module 6: Building & Permitting
- Building & Permitting Department
- Engineering Department
- Planning & Zoning Department
Subject Matter Expert:
- State Building Office
- Permitting Case Study and guidelines
- EV Ready Codes for the Built Environment
- Preparing Our Communities for Electric Vehicles: Facilitating Deployment of DC Fast Chargers
- EV charging for persons with disabilities
- Educate municipal building & permitting departments on ways to streamline the process for EV charging station permits
- Invite building & permitting employees to be a part of the municipal electrification task force