- This event has passed.
Energy Independence Summit 2021
March 17 @ 8:00 AM - March 19 @ 5:00 PM
Register for the Energy Independence Summit TODAY
Registration is now open for the fully virtual Energy Independence Summit 2021. This exciting and important annual event provides a unique opportunity for Clean Cities Coalitions and leaders in the clean transportation industry to build partnerships with each other, and with key Congressional and Administration decision-makers in Washington, DC.
- Roundtables with Top Policy Leaders: On March 17-19, we will have virtual roundtable discussions with leaders of the Biden Administration’s clean transportation team, key Congressional committees, federal agencies, and the electric vehicle, natural gas, propane, biofuels, and hydrogen industries.
- Capitol Hill Week Meetings with Congressional Offices: March 22-26 will be Capitol Hill Week, where we will hold more than 300 virtual meetings with House and Senate offices. This will be a great opportunity to showcase how your fuels, technologies, and projects are reducing emissions and creating thousands of clean energy jobs in communities across America.
Invited speakers include:
- Gina McCarthy, White House National Climate Advisor
- Pete Buttigieg, Secretary of Transportation
- Jennifer Granholm, Nominee for Secretary of Energy
- Michael Regan, Nominee for EPA Administrator
- Congressman Frank Pallone, Chair, House Energy and Commerce Committee
- Congressman Peter DeFazio, Chair, House Transportation Committee
- Senator Ron Wyden, Chair, Senate Finance Committee
The 2021 Energy Independence Summit will provide an important opportunity to build on our recent successes. With the new Biden Administration and a new Congress now in office, there will be a renewed focus on practical solutions to climate change that will create thousands of new clean energy jobs. As a result, the clean transportation industry will have major new opportunities to:
- Enact longer-term tax incentives for clean fuels, vehicles, and infrastructure.
- Include significant funding increases for vehicles and fueling infrastructure in major green infrastructure initiatives the new Administration and Congress are developing.
- Strengthen the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS).
- Authorize the DOE Clean Cities Program.
- Explore innovative ideas like a national low-carbon fuel standard to advance markets for cleaner fuels and vehicles.