- This event has passed.
Municipal Electric Vehicle Readiness Toolkit Series: Electric School Buses
September 24 @ 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
The Municipal EV Readiness Toolkit 12-Week Program Module 2: Electric School Buses will help school boards, town purchasing & finance departments, and bus contractors learn how to electrify their fleets and develop town-wide, comprehensive electrification plans to reach 30% electric by 2030.
We encourage all course participants to join us for Module 2 and learn how through the modules will work together to support and develop an individualized, town-wide, transportation electrification plan.
Your leadership is essential to this process. We appreciate you taking time out of your day to participate and join the 2020 Municipal EV Readiness Toolkit Cohort.
More information and to register: http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07eh9wfo447b624e2d&llr=s6mlhwcab
About the Program:
This introductory program is designed for municipal decision makers, throughout various departments, and provides a framework, resources, guidance, subject matter experts, and tools to help municipalities throughout the state create the first phase of a comprehensive electric vehicle transition plan. The program aims to be efficient and effective, where participants can register for modules relevant to their departments. Modules meet on Thursdays from 1pm- 2pm.
Promise of the Program:
- Action plan for each module
- Introductions to subject matter experts
- Course readings and background information
- Action-oriented and interactive modules
- Tools and resources
- Weekly coaching calls
- How to implement the Connecticut EV Roadmap into a plan of action
- Certificate of Completion
Module 2: Electric School Buses
- School Board
- Town purchasing department
- Town finance department
- Public Works
Subject Matter Expert:
- Durham School Services
- Join Electric School Bus Bootcamp
- Alternative fuel school bus information from the U.S Department of Energy Alternative Fuels Data Center
- Electric School Bus Pilot Project Evaluation (Massachusetts)
- Eliminate school bus tailpipe emissions, which contain as many as 40 hazardous air pollutants as defined by the Clean Air Act
- Reach the goal of 2,434 electric school buses in Connecticut by 2030
- Through the Electric School Bus Toolkit Program, we are supporting school districts in applying for VW Settlement Grants