- This event has passed.
Energy Independence Summit 2018
February 11 @ 8:00 AM - February 14 @ 5:00 PM
Attend the Nation’s Premier Clean Transportation Policy Summit
Registration is now open for Energy Independence Summit 2018. The Summit provides a unique opportunity for Clean Cities Coalitions and leaders in the clean transportation industry to network and build partnerships with each other, and with key Congressional and Administration policymakers in Washington, DC.
The 2018 Summit will take place as the various alternative fuels industries continue to gain momentum across the country. The Summit will feature sessions on new opportunities created by the Volkswagen Settlement and expanding state and local programs that provide funding and incentives for clean vehicles and infrastructure.
While many state and local clean transportation programs are thriving, the federal alternative fuels programs remain vulnerable. Most federal tax incentives have expired and their future is uncertain as Congress considers various tax reform proposals. The EPA is considering proposing reducing volumes under the Renewable Fuel Standard, which would threaten the progress of the biodiesel, renewable natural gas, and advanced ethanol industries. And critical funding for Clean Cities, the Diesel Emission Reduction Grants, and other clean transportation programs remain extremely vulnerable.
Energy Independence Summit 2018 represents an important opportunity to meet with leaders of the new Administration and Congress, and to educate them about the value of these effective programs and how they are critical to continuing to advance markets for alternative fuels and advanced technology vehicles.
Specifically, you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet with leaders of the new Administration and key Congressional leaders.
- Learn the latest on how you can benefit from investments from the Volkswagen Settlement.
- Network with the nation’s Clean Cities Coalitions and top industry leaders.
- Participate in Roundtable discussions with DOE, EPA, DOT, USDA, and DOD.
- Learn about new technologies and market developments that are driving the alternative fuels industry forward.
- Participate in Capitol Hill Day meetings and educate your Members of Congress about your successful projects achieved in partnership with government and industry.
- Attend the special Capitol Hill Day reception hosted by UPS.
Please contact Ken Brown at Transportation Energy Partners at email@example.com or (202) 674-7777 if you have questions or would like additional information about the Summit. We look forward to seeing you in DC in February!
Hundreds of clean transportation leaders will be in D.C. for Energy Independence Summit 2018 – we hope that you will be there too. Register now.