Funding opportunities should become available later this spring.
These are the latest updates on Connecticut’s progress with the VW Settlement Plan through the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP).
- On February 15, 2018, Connecticut released its draft final mitigation plan and held a formal comment period on the plan from February 15, 2018 through March 9, 2018.
- Connecticut received over fifty (50) unique submissions during the formal comment period. A compilation of all comments received, along with a summary of comments and DEEP’s response, have been posted on Connecticut’s VW Settlement Website Resources Page.
- On April 26, 2018, Connecticut submitted its final mitigation plan to Wilmington Trust (“the Trustee”). The first funding request has to be at least thirty (30) days after the state’s final mitigation plan is submitted – meaning the earliest a funding request could be made is May 26, 2018.
- Connecticut DEEP anticipates that grant programs and funding opportunities will become available later this spring. Future funding announcements will be made through this email list and on Connecticut’s VW Settlement Website and through their VW email list. You can subscribe by going to www.ct.gov/deep/vw. The GNHCCC will post funding announcements on our website’s news section.
- There will be documentation and guidance about how to apply for the funds and how to collect the data for the funds.
- The CT DEEP Air Bureau staff will review and approve the applications.